It has been since I last bought yarn!

Friday, March 2, 2018

It's A Baby Blanket!

Let's cut to the chase...

Untitled

Pattern: Little Boy Blue by Marlaine DesChamps
Yarn: Diamond Luxury Collection Pure Wool Superwash in "939"
Needles: US 7
Notes: It's perfect.  Do not be intimidated by this pattern... it's perfect.  You memorize the repeats quickly and VIOLA... you are on your way.  It's really an excellent pattern.

And the results... OH MY the results are stunning.  (Even Tigger thinks so... because he wouldn't stay out of the picture and off the blanket!)

Untitled

Untitled

As you may recall... I mentioned earlier that I wanted to get this done in time to send with my mom when she went to visit the baby this weekend.  And so... in keeping with me and deadlines lately, I got this off the blocking board a day AFTER she left.  *Sigh*  Oh well...who doesn't like getting parcels in the mail... amiright?

So now what?  You'd think having this albatross off my back I'd be chomping at the bit to knit everything all once.  But... you'd be wrong.  The first day this was done I found myself aimlessly going through my stash and finding that inspiration was lacking.  (And no- I'm not really ready to jump in the unfinished object pile just yet.)  I had a fun chunky hat ready to entertain me when my brain suddenly had a flash of inspiration on not one by TWO Stampede projects I feel like I might be able to design this year.  (Don't worry, I'll bookmark this blog post so we can come back and laugh at me later when I'm languishing in design hell ready to give up.)

And so... I grabbed the stitch dictionaries....

Untitled

... and might even start swatching.  Truthfully a design could potentially provide more blog fodder so this isn't a death nell at the moment...  let's see what happens.

No comments: