It has been since I last bought yarn!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March Minutiae

Thanks to those of you who were following along in my previous post... I had a pretty productive week.  I accomplished all of my tasks that I could.  (I couldn't work on the Chocolate charity blanket because it hasn't shown up yet and I did some preliminary sketches on the Stampede project but I'm going to keep that a mystery for a while.)

I had intended to get on the blog earlier, but I has hampered by a new laptop.  I know the prospect of a new laptop sounds new and shiny and exciting, but this new laptop has Windows 8- which is SO SO SO AWFUL.  Take everything you knew about how a computer works and then forget it.  I'm reasonably computer savvy and I haven't been able to figure out the simplest of things.  CUT AND PASTE should not be hard!  There are lots of cool things about the new laptop too (Hello touch screen!) but my learning curve has been slower on this thing!

Enough computer ranting... let's get to the knitting!

Umaro is blocked and it's glamour photos are done!

IMG_2838

Project: Umaro by Jared Flood
Yarn: Diamond Luxury Collection Superwash DK (9 skeins)
Needles: US 7
Notes: A great pattern, (Mr. Flood is known for his great patterns), but I experienced "pattern ennui" shortly into it.  This happens with any kind of blanket when you're just sort of done knitting the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Look closely in the first picture.... do you see anything, um.... wrong?  I realized nearly finished and too far to rip back that I made an error.  I'm hoping it isn't insanely noticeable- but I'm just kicking myself.  I'm a perfectionist and it drives me NUTS to have a visable error.  I'm trying to just let it go, but it's hard.

IMG_2843

I also finished a bunch of other things, most importantly- my swatches for my Vogue Knitting classes next week.  (EEEEEE next week!  SO excited!)

Untitled Untitled

I got some charity knitting done; 2 hats and my Tis the Season section on the WCOBB blanket.

Untitled Untitled

AND.... if that wasn't enough, on a whim, I cast on a fun little project that I am totally in love with right now.  Any guesses on what it is?

Untitled

This Thursday I'm hoping to take some bigger steps to getting into my Stampede project.  It MUST be charted out by the end of March and ready to knit, but I'd like to jump into it earlier if I can reach a decision on my design.

So lots of little things going on in March.  I'd like to just indulge myself on little projects this month so that in April I can jump back into the bigger projects, including another baby blanket for a friend due in May.  Hopefully it'll help keep the pattern Ennui at bay.

No comments: