It has been since I last bought yarn!

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Knitting S.L.O.W.L.Y

Snail's pace continues around here as I balance my time between kittens:

Untitled

child's 4th (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) birthday party:

Untitled

(Child is four, and no longer cooperates for photos... although he did insist on shaving before his shower the other day...)

Untitled

and just in general businesses.  (No photos because do you really need to see my 83 zillion errands I made around this week?  No.  Probably not.)

I did manage to finish and deliver the final bootie set (for the year, because WHOO boy more needs to be made for 2016)- and get that off the list.

Untitled

Pattern: Hat (see last blog post for details) Booties: Cable Cuff Bootie Set by Caroline Brooke
Yarn: Mission Falls 136 Merino Superwash (discontinued)
Needles: US 5
Notes: These booties are so so clever and so well designed and look so great when they are done that it's totally worth the pain in the butt 8 million ends you also need to weave in.

Untitled

Instead of tackling some of the other items on my list like a good little knitter- I cast on a totally random project.

Untitled

You see, a friend of mine, (Candace from the infamous blanket incident), asked me to help her knit a stocking for her little girl for Christmas.  Realizing it was much easier to show her than to actually talk her through the steps, I cast on a stocking to knit along with her.  I'm nearing the heel now and will hold off until she's ready for next steps.  Hopefully she still needs a little while so I can refocus on knitting some of the stuff I had planned to knit originally.

On the upside- one of my 80 zillion errands included a trip to Michaels... where I bought yarn for the secret bulky mystery project so at least I've started thinking about it...

Untitled Untitled Untitled

Wonder what it will be....???

PS- this is how I wrote this blog post tonight... *happy sigh*

Untitled

No comments: