It has been since I last bought yarn!

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Actually....

**THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME IN THE DAY TO DO ALL THE THINGS I WANT TO DO!!!***  (she screams into the black abyss)

It's June?  How is it June?  My kid just started Kindergarten!  I just got into a working schedule and soon school is done!?  HOW IS THIS HAPPENING!?  It just seems like every time I should have some time to sneak in a few rows of something... there's something else that says "actually... no" on the schedule.

"Actually No... you can't knit this weekend... you are going to be blowing your kid's mind with cool space stuff at the Johnson Space center...."

Untitled

Untitled

PS. The Saturn V Rocket is HUGE.

Untitled


"Actually No... you can't knit on Tuesday.... you volunteered to chaperone a field trip to a farm!"


Untitled

(I was super excited to pet the wool of a sheep... the kids could care less about what I had to tell them about wool and lanolin.)

Untitled

This is a total aside but it was one of the "fun facts" posted and it was so interesting and also horrifying at the same time.  (Jeez Boy Bunny... leave her alone for a minute!!!)

Actually you have to go here, actually you have a meeting there, actually you have an event to attend here.... ACTUALLY ACTUALLY ACTUALLY.

It's sad that I'm ACTUALLY looking forward to a rainy forecast this weekend where maybe we can indulge in a few movies and I can ACTUALLY KNIT for a change.

There has been a "smattering" of knit progress... the hat(s!) are done.

Untitled

Pattern: Cabled Teddy Hat by Marinda Lariz
Needles: US 6
Yarn: Cascade Anchor Bay 18 Taupe
Notes:  You'll note I knit this twice.  I finished hat one and realized that I began the decreases one repeat too early... and so I cast on hat #2.  I'll keep hat 1 for another babe... and #2 will go to Kindergarten teacher.  I've decided to just give her the hat and skip the booties.  I don't have time and baby might not want wool boots when it's born in August anyways.

Untitled

This pic shows that yes, there is actually a size difference... it's small but its significant enough to me to cast on #2.

I also finished the Ballband dishcloth!  (go me!)

Untitled

Pattern: Ballband Dishcloth
Needles: US7
Yarn: Some of the Lily Sugar and Cream stash of indeterminate age
Notes: YAY!  I have met one of my yearly goals- this is dishcloth #3!  (We'll get to that at some point on this blog and check in.... today is not the day.)  I love this pattern- highly recommend.

I've also worked on (truthfully I just mostly look at this on the couch and feel badly it's not seeing progress) a bit of the Monster blanket.  I had  a moment of panic the other day that this isn't going to get done in time.  If it doesn't I might have to gift the bunny blanket - which I'd be okay with in this case.  On the upside I'm feeling less "wary" of the colorway now though and still comfortable gifting it to a little boy.  Just need to make PROGRESS now.

Untitled

So there's where I'm at this week.  Hopefully I can capitalize on the rest of this June and get some progress out the door.

No comments: