It has been since I last bought yarn!

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Whittling Away

Keen eyes will notice that I've updated the blog to reflect my rather large "to do" list --->.  As things get completed I'll cross them off and we can keep track as to where I am with staying on track.

Of course, I've already got an update for you!  My second baby hat and bootie set is done and ready for the momma at Parker's preschool.  (I am so happy to report that Preschool, so far, has gone very well for us this year and my little guy seems to be settling in much easier.)

Untitled

Untitled

Pattern: Cabled Teddy Hat by Marinda Lariz
Yarn: Mission Falls 136 Merino Superwash (discontinued)
Needle: US 6
Notes: I really love this hat pattern- it looks smashing and cute and knits up fast.  The ears are quite brilliant in the way they are knit and in general this is becoming my "go to" pattern for hat knitting for expecting mamas.

Untitled

What I love about this hat is that is assembles quickly- and the ends aren't too cumbersome, even after adding in the ears.

Untitled

Pattern: Cable Cuff Booties by Caroline Brook
Yarn: Mission Falls 136 Merino Superwash (discontinued)
Needle: US 5
Notes: These booties are smashing and cleverly created.  My only "issue" with the pattern is that it creates a million ends to weave in at the end.  Not the end of the world, but a little frustrating when you just want to be done them!

Untitled

The finished product IS worth the pain, but don't be fooled... it is a PAIN.  (grrr)

This little set will be packaged up shortly and delivered soon as mom was saying "7 more weeks" yesterday, and I hope for her sake it's a little earlier than that!

Next up in the que is two items.  I'm going to cast on the second mitten and also get the sock more started.  (I need my portable project to have more "starter rows" going in order to make it more portable.)  My goal is to have the mitten finished in early October.  Let's see if I can make that happen!

No comments: