It has been since I last bought yarn!

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Knitting Auld Lang Syne


Untitled


Should auld knitting projects be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
In some cases they should be forgot,
And others are fun to find.

For Auld knitting projects my dear,
The knit and purl!
We'll take a final shop my dear
For this, your knitting girl.

Ack!  I really wanted to get more than one ore blog post out before the New Year, but here we are, Dec 31st and I'm just squeaking out a final entry.  There's a bit left to tell you about this year and so I thought I'd cram it into a jumble of a post.

Firstly- the bunnies Christmas sweaters are done and OH MAN are they cute.



Pattern: Dress: Seasonal Dresses Pattern & Sweater: Nordic Style Sweater by Julie Williams.
Yarn: Mission Hills 136 Merino Superwash
Needles: 2.75 mm
Notes: I cannot stress to you enough how well Julie Williams writes patterns.  SHE IS AWESOME.  Her patterns are so thorough and so detailed it's impossible to screw it up.  If you ever want to cut our teeth on a little knitted toy, I cannot stress enough how great these patterns are.  THEY. ARE. AWESOME.

Confession- as I was weaving in a bazillion ends on these lovely little outfits I broke some personal rules.


I was painstakingly weaving each end beautifully in and then I realized... THE BUNNIES DON'T CARE if it's perfect and so, dear gentle reader who has come to expect much more from me, I knotted a lot of ends, tucked them less than perfectly in, put these sweaters on and called it a day.

I DON'T EVEN FEEL BADLY ABOUT IT.*

I also managed to squeak out my last outstanding section on the charity blankets- and got it out the door.

Untitled

I love the look of the scrappy striped blankets and I hope to do a few more of these this year.

There were a couple of knitterly treasures under the tree this year, a much needed new swift, a Pudding gift card and the husband was brave and gave me a "Qiviut" shopping spree.  (Although he made me promise not to make a sweater.  {don't get it?  Just take a peek at those prices and you'll get it then...})

And- as it's now a TIME HONORED tradition... MiL and I hit the yarn sales on Boxing Day.  I basically shocked everyone, (but not more than I shocked myself) and came home with a bag full of acrylic.  WHAT?!?!??

Untitled

For a long time now I've had an idea for a charity blanket in rainbow colors.  And I don't know why, but I've decided that I'm just going to do it.  January is cold, and tends to be colorless and I can't think of a better way than to knit brightly.  And so, that is what I'm planning to do.  January is going to be for rainbow knitting- I'm thinking I should be able to squeak 1, maybe 2 blankets out of this shameful stash acquisition and donate it away.  (Likely to WCOBBS)  A 6" section on a charity blanket usually takes me no more than about 2 days to knit, so I figure I can quickly knit 2 of these blankets.  Think I can do it!?

I also hit a surprise yarn sale shopping for MiL's gift this year and managed to score some more Berrocco Ultra Alpaca fine (40% off!!) which will make a yummy pair of socks or mittens at some point.

Untitled

So there you have it- knitwise how I've finished my year.  I managed to knit my giant ball of hats and I managed to get some stash out the door.  Sadly I've also opened the door to a lot more stash, so it will be more knitting that out this year.  It was a good year for me- and I look forward to 2015 and the hopes that it's going to be even more productive.  (And if these recent yarn purchases are any indication, it's also going to be a year that's BRIGHTLY colored.)

HAPPY NEW YEAR FRIENDS- wishing you the best in 2015.  Let's see what projects I can squeak out!

*Okay maybe a little...**

**It's totally eating away at me.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Love the jumpers and the stripey scrappy blankets and the stash purchases (yes even the acrylic!!) looking forward to seeing what you get up to in 2015 but until then I wish you and yours a very happy new year :)