It has been since I last bought yarn!

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Fall Finish

Apologies for the length in between blog posts.  Life here has been BUSY.  Last weekend marked the FOURTH weekend in a row that I was not home.  Needless to say knitting hasn't been happening at frenzied pace, or really at all.  And yet- I somehow managed to finish some things up.

Scrappy Zig and Zag blanket is done!

IMG_3055

Pattern: Zig and Zag Sock Yarn Pram Baby Blanket (Ravelry link) by Debbie Orr
Yarns: Oh Gosh- a little bit of everything left in my scrap pile.  Remember this?
Untitled
Needles: US 2
Notes: This is a great GREAT leftover sock yarn stash buster.  I did end up buying a small skein of light pink to keep up the theme, especially after I ran out early, but I used that all up too so I didn't even count it!  LOVELY results!  I would highly recommend knitting this up with your leftovers, it's a cute blanket.

IMG_3056 IMG_3064
IMG_3067 

So far I don't really have a recipient in mind, but Parker's pre-school (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) teacher is pregnant and maybe if she has a girl I'll give her this.  It's a lovely little light weight blanket, perfect for a the car seat.

As if that wasn't enough success, I also finished my hat project.  How many hats did you guess when I started this journey?  My initial guess was 18....

IMG_3073

.... I ended up with 21!!

Pattern: Basic hospital hat pattern with some modifications
Yarn: Bernat Baby Sport Solid in "Chiffon" print
Needles: US 6
Notes: I think we can safely say I used up all of that yarn!

IMG_3090

GAH.  No more hats for me for awhile.  Next year I have a plan but it will hopefully result in me knitting LESS hats and more stuff for me.

SPEAKING OF STUFF FOR ME.... now that my unfinished object pile is manageable (just those Maui socks left...) my brain wants to KNIT ALL THE THINGS.  I can't go on Ravelry right now without falling down a ridiculous rabbit hole and favoriting 8 zillion things.  I want a sweater, also I'm thinking a pair of nice mittens for Parker's other pre-school teacher (!!!!) and maybe a cute Christmas idea for a family member, and a pumpkin hat for a baby, and maybe a new pair of mittens for me and ....... just stop me now.  The world is my knitting oyster and I am ready to KNIT EVERYTHING.

I can promise that I'm not making a baby blanket for awhile.  A couple of small projects sound really appealing but I keep coming back to "sweater" (or more likely "CARDIGAN"), but I need to organize my thoughts and my knitting cupboards and just let those ideas marinate for a bit.

Either way- fall should be a lot more interesting around here- stay tuned!

No comments: