It has been since I last bought yarn!

Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween Howling

Why am I howling?  Because I am happy!  (Does one howl because they are happy?  I don't know.)  But AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  I've got finished items for you to see today!

Firstly the Baby Heart Blanket is DONE-ZO.  I actually realized after I posted the last blog post that not only was the blanket done-zo but that I photographed and just completely forgotten to blog it.  So- consider it BLOGGED.

Untitled

Pattern: Baby Heart Blanket by Deborah O'Leary
Yarn: Lion Brand Pound of Love in "100 White" and "Pastel Pink" (I didn't keep track of the grey- it's acrylic... it's ok to judge me.)
Needles: US 9
Notes: I changed up the pattern and used the sections but did my own take on it.  I also added in an extra 2 rows of grey (as suggested to me by the pattern author) in each "grey" section in order to add some length to the pattern.  That worked out quite nicely.

Untitled

Untitled

I still have a lot of leftovers in this year.  (GAH at one point I had 2 LBS of acrylic yarn... now I think I only have half of these 2 balls left.)  I'm sort of intrigued with the idea of using that yarn to continue iterations of the same pattern- until it's gone.  But not now.  I need an baby blanket/acrylic break so maybe in the new year I'll pull it back out and squeak out two more blankets.

As if that wasn't exciting enough I also finished my red and black mittens!

Untitled

Pattern: Keisarinna by Tiina Kuu
Yarn: Wollmeise Pure 100% Superwash in "vamp" and the Black I didn't record- sorry.
Needles: Cuffs = 2.50mm and Hands = 2.75 mm
Notes: I didn't change anything about the pattern and knit it as is.  I can't say much except that it was easy and lovely and knit up faster than I thought it would.  A great and very pretty pattern.  I will gripe slightly that the Wollmeise is quite runny in it's initial bath and I had to do a black color as the accent so it didn't show the color transfer as much.  I love wollmeise but this does bug me... a lot.

Untitled Untitled Untitled

Such a lovely mitten.

As if TWO finished items weren't enough- I'm well into a THIRD project.  (Spoiler Alert- More mittens!)

Untitled

When one has knit as many stranded mittens as I have, you forget how fastly a mitten in ONE color on much larger needles can go.  I'm loving this mitten... even when I had to rip out the last 24 rows when I discovered a mistake.  (We're back to where we were before in this picture- but without errors.  CAN YOU SPOT IT?

BUT... all of that is NOT likely the reason you came here today... because it's Halloween and we always do some pretty sweet Halloween Costumes... and so... without further ado....

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

SOLO FAMILY PHOTO!  (Kylo Ren (from New Star Wars) and his parents (spoiler alert!); Han and Leia.)

My mom out-did herself on the Kylo costume.  She adapted a pattern from a HOODIE and came up with this sweet replica for Parker.  You can't tell from Parker's face, (Kylo is a bad guy and one must make "bad guy" faces obviously), but he LOVES this costume.  (He hasn't actually seen the new Star Wars movie but was INSISTANT that he wanted to be Kylo Ren for Halloween.)  Mom is also responsible for the pretty sweet Han details on the costume- so THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES OVER MOM- we LOVE THEM!

And, lastly... our pumpkins.... because I like themes.

Untitled

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!  (and yay worrying about costume details is over with for another year!)

1 comment:

Kerstin said...

Your Halloween was awesome!!