It has been since I last bought yarn!

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Fresh off the Needles

Well, slowly... so slowly... I'm feeling the urge to knit a little more.  Why, even last night I picked up that poor neglected blanket with the purple stripes and I knit a few rows on it.  And well, I even want to knit a few more today!

The motivation is back likely because I cleaned up a few loose ends.  I finished the adorable Cable booties.

Untitled

Pattern: Cable Cuff Booties by Caroline Brooke
Yarn: Mission Falls 136 Merino Superwash 006 (discontinued)
Needles: US 5
Notes: OH MY GOD these are cute.  CUTE. CUTE. CUTE. CUTE.  STINKIN' CUTE.  And the pattern is well written.  I'm going to knit these again.  I highly recommend you try them out too.  Did I mention cute?

Untitled

The booties were knit to match the little cable hat I knit a few weeks ago.  I'll be giving these to a very pregnant mom in our preschool group this week at Parker's year end concert.  (YEAR END!?  Where did the time go?!)  There are 2 more moms that will be due in the fall so I need to decide if I'm going to give them the same set or make more theme-y ones.  (Pumpkin and Santa Hat potentially?)

I also received 2 charity blankets to add my section to.  The rules were to cable them- so I did some lovely 6 and 9 stitch plaits.

Here's "Cable Guy":

Untitled

Untitled

And here's "Cable Girl":

Untitled

Untitled

There's a few more charity blankets coming my way this summer so hopefully I can take a good swipe at that acrylic stash and get it down to a smaller amount.

And lastly- just because I like to brag when I'm crafty in other areas of my life- check out these super cute cupcakes I made for Parker's preschool picnic today.

Untitled

(It's a Gruffalo!  A Gruffalo... why didn't you know?  His eyes are orange, his tongue is black and he has purple prickles all over his back....)  {if you have a toddler no explanation is required.}

Big reveal on the Stampede mittens are coming soon- stay patient.  Once they've gone in I'll show them off to you proudly!


No comments: