It has been since I last bought yarn!

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Busy Work

As I mentioned here last time, I ran out of yarn for my current project I'm working on.  After I placed the order for the yarn I decided while I wait for it to show up, I was going to get a bunch of things done.

First of all I knit to the very last stitch I could get out of the remaining yarn on the blanket AND wove in all existing ends.  Hopefully when this yarn shows up soon I can just jump back into this project and finish up quickly.  Having a lion's share of ends already woven in is a big help.  I thought I'd take a picture of both sides of this round project that really doesn't show itself off... I can't wait to finish this one up!

IMG_2874

IMG_2877

With the blanket out of the way I moved on to the next item that's been eating at me to get finished up- I finally did all the finishing and sewing on my little boy bunny and finished the project.  Brace yourselves for unbelievable cuteness.

IMG_2922

Pattern: Boy Bunny with Piebald Patch by Little Cotton Rabbits (Julie Williams)
Yarn: Various leftovers in my stash- all sport weight
Needles: US 2 & 2 1/2
Notes: This is literally, LITERALLY the best written pattern I've ever worked with.  The writer was extremely detailed and really broke down the steps beautifully.  Should the opportunity arise, I will ABSOLUTELY knit with more of her patterns- they were a pleasure to work with!

IMG_2897 IMG_2900 IMG_2912 IMG_2906

The little cotton tail on this rabbit is so adorable I die a little bit from the cuteness every time I look at it!

With the bunny out of the way I decided that my Maui Sock needed to get just get the toe done on it so I could move on to sock #2.  And while I was at it, I wove in all the ends on that one too.  Viola- one sock.

IMG_2888

And then, deciding it would be good to get another hat in the finished pile, I also knit up another one.  (Stitch pattern is double moss.)

IMG_2881

I snapped a pic of the giant ball of yarn.  This will be hat #8.  Remember I guessed that I could get 18 hats out of this giant ball?  I'm wondering if there's even more than that in there!  What do you think?

IMG_2884

Geez, you're saying to yourself, you really did do a bunch of stuff, but I thought you were going to work on your mitten.  I was.  I mean I did.  I got here... (I figured I can spoil you on the pattern this much here.)

IMG_2891

... and realized that the yarn is just too fine for the mitten.  I need to go out and buy a different kind of yarn in red and white, hopefully something that has a thicker loft so that the bright red doesn't show through on the white parts.  And so- off to the yarn shop I go sometime this week to do that.

I have actually knit the entire cuff (which I can't show you because... mystery), and am pleased with how the pattern will look once I get going.  In the mean time, until the other yarn shows up and I can get myself to a yarn shop to pick out more stuff, I'm going to keep being very productive in cleaning up a few of my loose ends over here, doing a bunch of things to keep busy until I can get that big circular blanket out of the way!

And- I saved the best news for last... we also had this happen today:

Untitled

BYE BYE ANNOYING CAST!  Parker is still limping and it will take him a bit to get his full strength back up, but OMG can I tell you how much I missed that other little leg!?  It's been a very good week here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bunny is really cute! Of course, P is a very handsome little guy. So glad he got rid of the "cookie monster" leg. Mil

Debbie1085 said...

I love your Maui socks and your hat #8... Are the patterns in Ravelry? Love them! You're so good!!
Your kid is so cute, too!