It has been since I last bought yarn!

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Let's Do This Fall!

There is a slight chill to the air and the kids are all headed back to school, (mine tomorrow), and all I can think of is starting and knitting 100 million projects to keep loved ones warm this winter!  I WANT TO KNIT ALL THE THINGS!  September is going to be BUSY.

But first, before I jump in on my INSANE "to do" list... the travelling sock came to completion on our summer holiday and you need to see 'em!

Untitled

Pattern: Socks on a Plane by Laura Linneman
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in "Positively Pink" (discontinued)
Needles: US 1
Notes: I changed the pattern and knit these socks top down vs the written toe up.  (I've done toe up, I just don't like it.)  Also, I knit in an "eye of the partridge" heel, which man, I just love the look of that heel.  As always, I cute the yarn at the heel so that I could make the stripes line up nicely.  (I never regret that decision!)

Untitled Untitled

These socks went everywhere with me this year; Maui, Ottawa, Denmark, Kelowna and finished off in Osyoos.  I love the travel ease of a travelling sock.  It's all contained in one neat little Ziploc bag and I just grab it and dump it my carry on bag and I can knit on the go anywhere.

I guess that's why I've already got another traveller started...

Untitled

Yup.  More self striping!  I"m going to knit these in "man size" and I'm going to use the "Globe Trotter" pattern.  (Well named for a sock that travels don't you think?)

We got home from vacation last night and I immediately, (once I had unpacked), jumped in on knitting the sweater because I thought about that sweater a LOT on vacation.  Remind me of this enthusiasm for this sweater when I envitably burn out on it and don't feel the love anymore ok?

Untitled

So now that we have what I'm currently working on covered, we need to discuss what I want to knit this fall, and um, I've bitten off more than I can chew, I'm certain.

1) Baby Hat and Bootie Set (finish by end of Sept)

2) Second Pair of Mittens (finish by end of November)

3) Baby Hat and Bootie Set (finish by end of November)

4) Globe Trotter Socks (finish by Christmas)

5) Thick Pair of snuggly socks (knit in worsted or sport weight) (finish before New Years)

6) Surprise Large (mystery!) Knit for my sister (finish by Christmas)

All of these great ideas mean that the sweater is probably not going to get finished until we're in the New Year.  It does mean that this blog will be interesting for the cooler months as I work towards this little personal goal.  I'm excited, exhilarated and ready to DO THIS.  (Even if I might also be a touch crazy....)


No comments: