It has been since I last bought yarn!

Monday, September 19, 2016

Flashes of Fall

Well... it's coming fast and furious now...

Untitled

FALL IS HERE.  Whether we got ripped off on summer or not.  (*sigh*)  And oddly enough, even though we've settled into a more familiar routine, knitting hasn't picked up like I had hoped.

Progress on the blanket is coming, slowly but surely...

Untitled

And I cast on new mitten and have jumped well into it already.

Untitled 

Although, I already have concerns that I've knit it too small.**  I guess I'll be creepily staring at teacher hands next Kindergarten drop off trying to determine whether or not I need to rip it out.  (Helpfully, Parker's Kindergarten teacher is quite tiny, so hoping she has matching hands!)

I'm also slightly nervous that I won't have enough yarn to complete these... so it's going to be a harrowing experience.

Untitled

That's really all I have to show for the last ten days... minimal progress at best.  I'm not sure why I'm so slow on the uptake here but I've found my evenings busy and when they aren't packed with something to do or some place to attend I'm tired and calling it an early night.  Booo.  WAKE UP THERE IS KNITTING TO BE HAD.

Complicating the process further is that the Halloween crafting, (which usually involves sewing) has begun in earnest, cramping much needed knitting time.

Untitled

While I rely on my mother fairly heavily for her sewing skills to get me through the trickier parts, I want to at least take some of the burden off of her and do some of the simpler things to lighten her load... which means hauling out the sewing machine and doing more cursing than I'm proud of under my breath.  There will be trips to Fabricland in my future!!

Tonight I have a ticket to see the Yarn Harlot at Pudding yarn which should be fun and yield some knitting/listening time to help with progress.  That will hopefully put me firmly back in the "MUST KNIT ALL THE TIME" camp and finished items will start cranking out more frequently.

** by the time I finished writing this blog post I had already decided to rip out to the cuff on the mitten and go up a needle size for the hand.  A baggier hand is better than a too tight one.

No comments: