It has been since I last bought yarn!

Friday, August 19, 2016

Vacation Sun Fun!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're back!  We were down in Coronado/San Diego for a few days there basking in the California sun.  (SUN!  GLORIOUS SUN!  Sun has apparently foresaken Calgary...)  Sitting on the beach, watching the boys dig holes I got to pull out my knitting and work on the vacation sock.

Untitled
(What a view!)

Like all vacations, this baby is also FINISHED.

Untitled

Pattern: Hermoine's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder
Yarn: Koigu Painters Palette Premium Merino (KPPM) in "P444194"
Needles: US 1
Notes:  I've had this yarn in the stash FOREVER and it feels like I "did it right" by knitting it in this pattern.  The pattern seems to evenly varigate the color changes beautifully and overall I'm really pleased with the way this turned out.  Also- guys?  The eye of the partridge heel looks so great on these!

Untitled

These socks are well travelled... showing up in Maui, Jasper, Coronach (Sask), Yorkton (Sask) and finally Coronado & San Diego.  The travel isn't over, just these socks... so I'll need to fire up a new travel sock to throw on the needles to take with me on my next adventure.

It wasn't all sock knitting on this holiday... there was a lot of other activity to be had.  I got very creative in the sand this time...

Untitled Untitled Untitled

We fit in a lot of swimming.  (My kid is swimming/jumping/playing in the pool without water wings now!  I'm so proud of him!)

Untitled

And we had all kinds of wild adventures in Legoland!

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Vacation was a blast and a great chance to relax and get away.  BUT, it's also good to be home and to take stock on what needs to be worked on this fall.  I'm not sure what I'm going to knit next... but don't worry I'm sure the needles won't be empty for long.  Any guesses on what I start next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The travelling vacation sock is beautiful! Love it!

I'm guessing a pair of socks in Felici is going to jump on the needles quickly. MiL