It has been since I last bought yarn!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Frozen

You would think by my last post that I have spent the last 7 days furiously completing my mittens, and they would be fresh off the blocking pins in order for me to model and brag about here.

You'd, unfortunately, be wrong.

It's been a rough week over here at Chateau Nennie.  My little guy spent the better part of Wed night showing us the contents of his tummy.  Then on Thursday night my big guy, spared me the visual, but offered up repeated sacrifices to the Porcelain Gods.  Thankfully big guy needed 24 hours and was doing much better, I cannot say the same for little guy- who just kept getting sick.  SEVEN DAYS LATER I feel confident in saying "he's getting better"- but he's not 100% yet.

And so, as it goes with sick kids, I didn't do much other than hold him close and pray that he'd get better.  When he was sleeping, so was I.  Knit wise, I was basically frozen- I couldn't bring myself to knit even when there was quiet time... I couldn't concentrate.

Yesterday was the first day where, (knock on wood) his tummy seems to be settling down and I felt free to pick up my needles after he went to bed.  I'm pretty close...

Untitled

BUT- I had to implement a new rule to stay on track for the hat goal.  Before each thumb is knit, I have to knit a hat.  So, once this blog post is done, a new hat is going on the needles and I'm going to curl up with a cup of tea and my audiobook and enjoy a little "me" time... because that's been less of a priority this last week.

Hopefully there will be some more FO's to show you before the end of 2012.... or the end of the world, if you believe those silly Mayans.

No comments: