It has been since I last bought yarn!

Monday, October 1, 2012

Ennui

You can always tell when I'm not particularly "stoked" about a project, because I  find it particularly hard to blog about.  I don't have much to say about my current project except that it's still happening.

I am a little over half way with the Diamond Cable Blanket but I feel nothing for it.  The pattern isn't particularly boring- but for whatever reason I am BORED. STIFF. and just rather "meh" about the whole thing.

yarma

*YAWN*

I don't even know what to say beyond this.  I am only half way done and I will be knitting this for longer still.  My maternity leave is quickly coming to an end and so the free time is also going to cease to exsist shortly... and with it my knitting time.  So- brace yourselves for a long ride with this project.

I also started another wee pumpkin hat, as there's another baby arriving around Halloween this year, and I just feel like it's my duty to make sure it has a cute pumpkin hat.  (It's also for my boss, and quite frankly, the suck up points probably won't hurt.)

yarma

But again- *yawn*

I'm not used to feeling a certain amount of "ennui" with my knitting.  I'm usually gung-ho, especially when it comes to cables, but right now I can't seem to muster much excitement for anything.  I'm not entirely sure why- because I find myself desperate to squeeze in a few hours of knitting time but then getting those few precious moments and feeling rather "blah" about the whole thing.  Maybe I just need to hurry up and get this blanket OFF the needles so that I can allow myself to feel inspired again.

Have I officially hit my "blanket saturation" point?  Is this the blanket that finally breaks me to STOP KNITTING BLANKETS!?  I might be there... someone remind me of this post when I threaten to knit another baby blanket.

1 comment:

master said...

nice blog.i appreciate your work.spend some time watching my video.thank you
smoking area smoking kills video