It has been since I last bought yarn!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Busy Busy Busy Busy

Oh blog, I feel so guilty when time stretches more than 7 days from my last post. But it just can't seem to be helped anymore. Knitting and blog time is being eaten up running errands, pre-natal yoga classes, birth and babies classes and training my replacement at work. I wish I could tell you that there was a reprieve from all of this but when Jr. arrives there are probably going to be more gaps here. Please stick with me! I know that my life seems to be insanely busy but I do hope to keep this blog up- even after I have my little someone.

Progress is slow because knitting time is limited. (And don't get me started on the guilt I have over not even starting anything for my little guy yet!! Thank god I have knitting friends and MiL who's knitting up a storm!) The good news is that there is progress and mat leave approach-eth, and I hope to squeeze in some last few hours of uninterrupted knitting time before SOMEONE makes their appearance. (Oh please give mommy at least one week of mat leave before you come.)

So where am I at these days??

IMG_0736

Pink Baby Dots is just at the half way mark. I'm still totally charmed by this project and I'm not even bored by the simple pattern. It's a great project to just pick up and knit.... hopefully I can get it done before baby arrives.

IMG_0734

Teddy Bears is also seeing slow but steady progress, another row of bears is just starting to end and open itself up for a whole bunch of seed stitch again.

And, I've even squeezed in some "quickie" projects to take advantage of the "I've only got 10 minutes" times.

IMG_0730

I've got the November hat knit up- and just have to knit one for December and my hat commitment will come to an end. (You bet your butt I will be dropping that I knit those hats when I deliver at Rockyview... I'm totally wearing my "100 Volunteer Hour" pin to the hospital in hopes that maybe I get "private room priority". I doubt it- but why not try for that angle at least!? I might have to call MiL in to flaunt her 300 hour pin!! haha)

And- if that weren't enough, I also squeezed in a side project for a friend who will absolutely have her baby before Halloween.

IMG_0725

It wouldn't be right to be a knitter and NOT knit her little one a pumpkin hat. I think pumpkin hats are a right of passage for all knitters who know babies born close to Halloween. (I'm tempted to knit my own pumpkin with the leftovers.... just in case I also have a pre-Halloween baby.)

So yup- still knitting... just not as much thanks to the many distractions going on. I had my shower on the weekend and was "showered" with many great handmade items and purchased items. It was nice to be reminded how lucky I am to have such amazing friends- I felt very blessed. (I only hope that I can keep up with my own hand knit giving once I have a baby!)

Thanks for hanging in there with me, and I promise to try an update a little more.

PS- it's probably best NOT to ask about how I'm doing on the whole blocking thing. FAIL.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's just set a time and I will come and help with the blocking; I know you can't bend easily these days. MIL

Anonymous said...

Awwww... what are you worried about! It's time to take care of yourself and the little bundle. We are a patient bunch and we love ya even when or if you don't blog!
MarDe1234

Anonymous said...

You should at least make a Christmas pudding hat for the baby. That'd be in time, non?

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Sent you a short msg on Rav... Can you check when you have a minute or two to spare?
MarDe1234