It has been since I last bought yarn!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Slow But Steady....

Well- as me and sweaters usually go- progress is moving slowly. BUT there is progress to share so it was time to update you on where I was at with this sweater.

IMG_0239

Viola! Two fronts and just under half a back! NOT BAD. I would really like to capitalize on the long weekend (as I have thus far) and finish the back soon. I am beginning to get antsy about yarn amounts, as usual, right now I'm knitting on ball 6 out of 10. I imagine I will have to crack into ball 7 before the back is done- which could or could not leave me enough for sleeves.

I'm quite charmed with the decreases in the back and the way the cable starting curving together.

IMG_0241

Yeah for interesting pattern writing!

But that's not all on the needles! I got around to knitting my April hat for the Knit Wits Hat Pact- and I thought it turned out pretty cute and springy!

IMG_0234

And, if that wasn't enough to show for, I've also invested myself in the sock.

IMG_0236

My lunch time knitting dates with Merlperp (and special guest KnittingWater and adorable Althea!) have picked back up again and when I pulled out the neglected purse sock- I realized that I actually really liked the project. So, in effort to not give up on socks entirely- I have committed to one hour a day to knit the sock. Sure, this is going to slow up the sweater progress a little- but one hour does see a lot of progress in the sock. PLUS- if I'm ever going to get through my sock yarn stash I need to make a time commitment or it will just grow and never shrink.

Speaking of stash- I'm happy to report that after getting out six balls, thus far, of wool out of the bin- the drawer now opens easily and without challenge. I still have a ways to go for stashing down- but knowing I'm one drawer with a smooth open, helps keep motivate to continue to stash down!

Hope your Easter's are just as productive as mine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't got time to knit that cardi, but I REALLY want to knit that cardi! Temptress!

I hope you have enough yarn. It'd be such a shame to run out after putting in all that work :(