It has been since I last bought yarn!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Daydreaming

Mother Nature delivered the cold air and snow quite a bit earlier this year and we celebrated CDN Thanksgiving with snow on the ground and warm sweaters on to protect against the chill. Apparently there was no time for fall- we went straight to winter. The minute the air changes outside, my mind begins to wonder, and daydream about all the projects I’d rather be knitting than the ones that I am currently knitting. This year is no different.

Here’s the thing, Mother Nature not only delivered snow early- she also brought Baby Beef early. I’ve quickened the pace on my blanket knitting as I am now overdue on delivering it too it’s rightful owner- but I can’t help but look ahead to the finish line and see hope for a new and exciting projects...

... AFTER the last blanket is knit. Yes folks, there is STILL ONE MORE to go. JOY! /sarcasm.

Since there is progress on the blanket, but none that is particularly picture worthy- I thought I’d use this space to publicly daydream about the projects I’d like to knit up this fall/winter.

I just saw these yesterday and it is EVERYTHING in me not to run out and buy the pattern ASAP and abandon everything I’m working on and just KNIT THEM ALREADY.

FP Slippers

French Press Slippers. (All pictures here are property of the designers and not my own!) I want one in EVERY color! (And I can’t promise that I won’t attempt to sneak a pair in the near future!) Oh I hope that these are as fun to knit as they look!!

Of course because there’s snow on the ground, I have renewed desire to knit these socks!

www_magknits_com-snowflake2


Snowflake socks!!(Rav link only) So pretty! So delicate! So wintery!

And then, of course, Cookie A tempts me with her socks… I have the perfect colors of Kai Mei in my stash!!!! And don’t even get me started on Marlene and my desire to knit that pattern!

But of course it isn’t just socks and slippers that call to me. It’s mittens. Mittens still seem to be my obsession ‘du jour’ and I cannot seem to quell the need to knit them.

First of course, I owe my father in law mittens from over a year ago. He has every right to kick me the butt and insist I drop everything and knit these all ready. He hasn’t done this mind you, but he wouldn’t be without cause is all I’m sayin’.

Cruiser

Cruiser, coming soon to a blog near you!

Then of course my need to need to faire isle is out of control suddenly… with Bird in the Hand and Kiss the Frog mittens. And lately, for unknown reasons, I can't stop thinking about how warm and cozy my hands would be in these two beauties:

Bella’s Mittens

Bella

and All the Water mittens:

water

And, since I'm going to be in NYC in early November, I got to make a WEBS order. I love WEBS, but their shipping to Canada is just too high, good thing their shipping to NYC is entirely reasonable! Yesterday I ordered yarn for my Stampede entry this year. (Let's leave it a mystery for a little while longer...) I also managed to coerce the husband in to agreeing I needed yarn to make this
sweater...
fireside

Doesn't it look cozy? Don't you just want to wrap yourself up in a sweater like that on a cold day? Me too.

So with all these knitterly distractions, (curse you Ravelry and your inspiring patterns!), you can imagine why I'm trying to knit just as quickly as I can so I can get going on some of these other, more interesting pursuits.

See? Wasn't that more fun than seeing the Beef blanket look virtually the same as it did last time? I'm so looking forward to moving past baby blankets for awhile!

1 comment:

Anne B. said...

Ooh, can't wait to see what you sneak in!!