It has been since I last bought yarn!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Return of a Classic


The baby hats are back! This Sunday was very productive as I knit 3. (The other two I've knit on other days but I thought I'd finally get around to adding them to the count.) I'm really behind in the 1 hat a week plan so I thought I'd get back on the wagon and knit a few more.

Speaking about getting back on the wagon- I also picked up the pink sweater that had spent a lot of time in oblivion and while I'm still not feeling inspired by it, I'm at least working at getting it finished.

It's a good thing I'm working on finishing up a project- because there's a new yarn in the stash! I didn't buy this so it doesn't get put against me in how many days I've gone without buying something new. Below is the yarn I won, randomly for competing for Team Canada in the Ravelympics! There really isn't anything better than free yarn - is there?

That's the card it came with- it said "sorry it's not a gold medal, but hope you enjoy it anyways". Many thanks to the lovely Tammy who donated such a lovely prize! It's Zen Yarn Garden with heels and toes- so I can knit pink heels and toes to match the the pretty socks. She doesn't know it- but those colors are right up my alley. Thanks Tammy-- I love my "better than a gold medal" prize!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the "better than a gold medal" yarn. I can hardly wait to see what you do with that.

MIL

Anonymous said...

Your Ravelympic socks turned out so lovely! Glad you like the yarn and I hope you have fun creating with it!