It has been since I last bought yarn!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sock Frogging

So I was knitting my "mindless socks" at work today and all I could think about was- "GOD I HATE THESE SOCKS!" I'm sure the lady who wrote Crosswalkers pattern is a very nice lady, but her pattern just wasn't working for me. It could be because the yarn isn't exciting me, or it could be because the pattern wasn't exciting me, I'm not sure why- but I just wasn't feeling it. At. all.

Thus, I decided that life's too short to hate what you're knitting- and I frogged the socks and didn't even feel all that bad about it.

Before-- "meh"


During the frog process...


After... relief. I just don't have to think about knitting these anymore.


With that nightmare out of the way- on to more exciting news - I'M GOING TO THE MAKE 1 FALL FIBER ARTS RETREAT!!!!!! After some deliberating I finally decided to go and I'm SO. EXCITED. All the "knit-erati" are going to be there; the Yarn Harlot, Cookie A, Nancy Bush and Amy Singer. I signed up for the Cookie workshops, mostly because I know everyone (at least from Ravelry) and their dog is signing up for the Harlot, and since I've already had the privelge of meeting and enjoying the Harlot, I've decided to share the time with her. Plus- Cookie's socks are works of art and her designs are amazing, I'm sure that I will learn so much that my little mind is going to explode.

The retreat isn't until Nov 6-9, (which basically feels like eons from now), but I'm planning to knit socks by all three ladies, (Amy Singer excluded only because as far as I know she hasn't designed socks), to wear at the event. I was a little nervous signing up and not knowing anyone but then I remembered back to when I started this blog and I attended the "Represent!" event in NYC and I met all kinds of awesome people and lost all that shyness instantly. Knitters tend to be "good people" and I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of local "good people".

Okay-- lots to knit before now and then so I should dash!

No comments: