It has been since I last bought yarn!

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Socks for Grandpa!



I did it! I did it! I finished the socks on Saturday morning-- just a little over the deadline. Grandpa's getting his socks for christmas!

Pattern: King Charles Brocade, from More Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Kogiu (slobber)
Needles: US size 1
Thoughts: My issues with these socks are well documented- this wasn't exactly an easy time. The pattern itself is not hard to follow, but you do need to pay attention, so it's not bland tv knitting. Had I known I was going to need to more than two skeins of yarn, I would have sucked it up earlier and made the leg longer- which is the reason why I'm not 100% satisfied, so I hope Grandpa won't be disappointed. The yarn looks bluer in the picture, but they're actually a darker grey- and the pattern shows up nicely on them.

I hope they fit grandpa's feet- they are just a touch short on the husband's feet- but I did that intentionally, thinking grandpa's feet might be smaller. (If not, I guess Grandma gets two pairs of socks!)

Viola... the husband's leg....



So next up- the mad dash to knit a pair of socks for my other grandma, aptly named, "Anna's Socks" (her name is also Anna). That Cherry Tree Hill I bought in October is burning a hole in my stash and the yarn reminds me of her. So- back to frantic knitting!

No comments: