It has been since I last bought yarn!

Monday, August 13, 2007

Hat Sunday and an End to Tedium

Hat Sunday continues to be a success! The hat on top is actually from last week, but the cute stripey ones are products of yesterday. Next week I'm going to have to go on a boys hat binge to even out the girls hat. (I love the white and pink small stripe combo so much that my next baby blanket is going to be in those colors.)


As if cute baby hats weren't enough... I also finished the Spiral Eyelet Socks, (or as I had been referring to them, "The socks of enormous tedium").

Pattern: Spiral Eyelet Socks
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock (Baby Stripe)
Needles Size: US size 2
Thoughts on the Pattern: While the final results were cute and the socks look good, I wasn't thrilled with the pattern. Like I've said in previous posts, I don't know what was wrong with me but I couldn't make progress, I'd get so far, and then BOOM have to tink back to the error I had made. I did this AGAIN and AGAIN. On the upside, they did turn out lovely and I'm quite pleased with the final product.



How come I finally sucked it up and got these stupid socks done? I'm dying to buy new yarn. I'm really, REALLY weak. I'm trying to adhere to the "yarn diet" until September, but I am soooo close to blowing it. After trying to get the husband to agree to my need for more yarn, (this is how weak I am, I tried a completely useless route), I 've had to make peace with my current stash and accept that it needs to get smaller. My need to shrink the stash ASAP, (in order to make room for new stash), was all the moitvation I needed to get these socks done and cast on a new one.


Viola... I give you the NEW! EXCITING! SOCK! I'm using Koigu (slobber) and the pattern is complicated enough so far to keep me engaged. These socks are planned for my grandmother for Christmas, but it never hurts to start Christmas knitting now.

No comments: