It has been since I last bought yarn!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Distracted

Q: What does one do when they have a sweater to complete and a baby blanket looming over their head?
A: Knit something entirely different of course!

I've been kind of "off" the knitting thing for a little while, but with the mother-in-law's help, she got me back on the knitting train. When we decided to spend some time in New York, I knew I was going to need something to distract myself on the ride up. However, given I've been a little lethargic in the knitting as of late, I knew I was going to need something that could be immediate and satisfying.

Enter the self-striping yarn.

I love self-striping sock yarn. I literally get giddy with excitment as I watch the patterns appear before my very eyes. Literally. Goose bumps. Every time. I also love that all you need to do with the self striping yarn is just follow a basic sock pattern and knit and knit and knit. And with mindless knitting like that it's easy to get addicted. Really addicted. And before you know it....


A sock is born!

I think I'd be able to enjoy the fact that I finished this sock in less than four days more if I didn't have anything else looming over my head to knit. But nonetheless, here's a sock, before anything else. AND... this is even a bigger bonus, I actually used yarn from my stash! THIS IS ACTUAL. STASH. YARN. I'm so proud.

Now if I could just get something that I'm SUPPOSED to get done, I'd be patting myself on the back pretty hard!

No comments: